Home / Projects
Immediate Short-Term Projects
- ADVANCE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT – In collaboration with Bristol Tennessee City Schools, the Bristol Chamber of Commerce and area academic partners, this effort will fortify educational offerings and workforce development for local business and industry.
- DOWNTOWN SPEAKER SYSTEM INSTALLATION – In partnership with local city governments, Believe In Bristol and other private investors, a revolutionary streaming wireless audio system designed to provide professional quality audio will be installed throughout downtown Bristol. This system will provide real-time audio for ambient background music, seasonal music, festivals, parades, and other activities for all downtown businesses, residents and tourists to enjoy year-around.
- PURSUE ADDITIONAL GREENSPACE/COMMON GATHERING AREA OPPORTUNITIES IN DOWNTOWN BRISTOL
- IMPLEMENT A FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT GRANT PROGRAM – In partnership with Believe In Bristol and other economic development partners, the Facade Grant Program will be designed to encourage the revitalization of building facades and to improve the aesthetics in the Bristol Business District.
- SUPPORT THE ESTABLISHMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF ART AND CULTURAL DISTRICTS – Working with local organizations in the arts, music and cultural community, programs will be developed and projects designed, which will place emphasis on Bristol’s most prominent assets and rich heritage.
Potential Long-Term Projects Include:
- SUPPORT ADDITIONAL DOWNTOWN PARKING ALTERNATIVES AND EXPANSION
- SUPPORT THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A WORLD-CLASS INDOOR SPORTS COMPLEX
- DOWNTOWN STREET ARCH PLACEMENT AND INTERSTATE GATEWAY(S) SIGNAGE
- WEST STATE STREET REDESIGN
- ESTABLISH NEW PROGRAMS AND SERVICES FOR HOMELESS POPULATION
- DETERMINE AND INVEST IN NEW HOUSING DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- BUILD UPON OPPORTUNITIES SURROUNDING BRISTOL’S NATURAL RESOURCES AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES